Monday 2 April 2012


My top three tips for how to quit smoking weed:


1. Stay active: When a person is going through the quitting process part of their body just wants them to lay down and take it easy. Because stopping marijuana can increase stress and discomfort, many marijuana addicts think that the best policy is to simply ride it out on the couch or drink a few beers and pass out. This is actually the wrong way to go about quitting. What you want to do is activate your body in an activity like sports or other form form of exercise. When you are actively moving around, your brain has to fire up to control your movements. Because of this your brain does not lie “idle” ruminating over and over again about how it does not have any marijuana. Therefore, if you have some buddies that are into basketball, for instance, trying to spend an hour or two partaking of physical activity can help you successfully quit marijuana by getting you through the first few days.
2. Go to Marijuana Anonymous: I know that most marijuana addicts do not like to think of themselves as drug addicts with a problem. Unfortunately this is why so many potheads are never able to quit smoking weed in the first place. The reasoning baffles me. Do you not buy your weed from a drug dealer and use it to get high? Then how is it that you do not consider it a drug and yourself a marijuana addict in need of a solution. At MA you will learn the 12-steps and how to ask God to remove your compulsion to use pot. I know that most weed addicts do not think of God or a higher power very often, but you will be surprised how opening your mind to spiritual principles can help you when trying to give up marijuana.
3. Quit Alcohol: One of the biggest mistakes that marijuana addicts make when they are trying to quit weed is to double down on their alcohol consumption. Part of the reason why they do this makes. They are in withdrawal from the weed and they want to do something that will minimize their pot cravings. Alcohol will take your mind off of uncomfortable marijuana withdrawal symptoms. However, if you start drinking you are weakening your judgment and will power and will, once you are inebriated, find it very difficult to avoid smoking pot if you can find any. For that reason it is strongly advised that you abstain from all alcohol for the first six months that you are not smoking pot.
I hope you found these my top tips to quit pot useful. I know that many marijuana addicts reading this right now are struggling to stay clean from this terrible motivation-killing. The good news that I want to share with you is that you can do it if you stay dedicated and are willing to take spiritual principles and allow them to carry you to the next level. Good luck

How to Quit Smoking Weed

I know how hard it can be to give up smoking weed. I have been there myself. There was a time in my life when I smoked pot every day. I spend thousands of dollars on my marijuana habit and for a while things were great. Unfortunately, after a little while, things started to go downhill. Weed started to cause problems in my life. I had work related problems. I had relationship problems. I had money problems. I had legal problems. After a little while of this, I realized that for me smoking weed just wasn’t worth it. So I started to quit marijuana on my own.
But…
I couldn’t stop. I had become dependent on weed like an alcoholic on alcohol. When I didn’t smoke for a few days I got irritable. I got cranky. I got tired. I couldn’t sleep at all. And, eventually I just ended up smoking weed again. It was a horrible cycle. And I knew it was one that couldn’t continue if I was going to become the success in life that I knew God intended me to be. So I started looking for help on how to quit smoking weed.
But…
I couldn’t find any help. Oh sure there were websites but most of them were selling some book on how to quit smoking marijuana in ten days or something and you had to pay to get the secret answer. Well, I didn’t like this at all. I knew that there had to be good sources of information on quitting weed. But, I couldn’t find them. There was nothing that fit what I was looking for. I figured that maybe God just wanted me to keep on getting high. I was ready to give up.
But…
I was miserable. I wasn’t having fun smoking weed anymore. It used to be fun, but it wasn’t nearly as amusing as it was when I was in high school and was carefree and had no worries. So, that’s when I decided to do something about it. I took a path that I know many people are not willing to do, but I did it. I went to Marijuana Anonymous to see what they are selling. I was skeptical at first that they could teach me to quit smoking so much marijuana, but I was desperate to make a change. You see, I knew that my destiny wasn’t to sit on the couch with a blunt all day long watching cartoons and being broke. Maybe that’s all you have ever wanted in life was to smoke weed and be left alone. But I knew that I was different. I wanted something better for myself.
Where was I?
Yes, when I made the decision to stop smoking weed. The main thing I found out was that, outside of MA, there wasn’t good information on how to stop smoking weed. And, once I was clean for a couple of months and I had figured out how to quit smoking for good, I decided that I wanted to do something about it. I decided that I wanted to share the information that I had learned with others for free. I thought about what was the best way to do this when it dawned it on.
I should start a website all about how to quit smoking weed. So, I did. And this is it. On this website I am going to share strategies for quitting weed that actually work. I know they work because they worked for me. Therefore, I know they will work for you. One final note. I didn’t learn everything I know about this by keeping my head buried in the sand. I became willing to listen to others who actually had the answer. I didn’t reject things that I had been prejudiced about before. I read hundreds of websites learning how other people quit smoking marijuana. I read everything that I could get my hands on. Because, I found that there were many people out there who DID know how to stop. All I had to do was stop being so hard headed and start listening to them.
So, that is my final advice to you. If you want to quit smoking the ganja then start listening when people tell you what works. And be proactive. Look around! The information is there if you are willing to look for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment